Lord Ashley Driving School offers third-party road testing under the authority of the South Carolina DMV.
Road testing is available with an evaluator from Lord Ashley Driving School for an additional fee:
- For beginning students after successful completion of course and authorization by instructor
- For lesson by lesson students after authorization by instructor
- Student must have a current, valid beginner's permit held for at least 180 days.
- Lord Ashley Driving School does NOT accept walk-in students for the road test. ALL students must complete at least one two-hour lesson with one of our instructors before being allowed to schedule a road test with a LADS evaluator.
Students taking the road test with Lord Ashley Driving School take the test from one of three
locations - Goose Creek, Mt. Pleasant, or Charleston. Mt. Pleasant and Charleston road tests are only scheduled on
Saturdays, Sundays and holidays when the DMV offices are closed. Road tests are not regularly
scheduled after 2pm on weekdays.
- Road testing with Lord Ashley Driving School is recommended for students who are uncomfortable with unfamiliar people or students who suffer from test anxiety.
- After authorization from the instructor, call in to our office (843-824-2040) and our staff will get you on the schedule. There must be a minimum 48-hour notice to the DMV for all third-party road tests.
- Road tests are conducted in light - medium rain, however; the LADS road test evaluator will make the final call on the safety of conducting the test during heavier rain.